Thursday, July 26, 2012

College Career

I have one more class to take this fall (History of Interiors II), and I will have a B.S. in Interior Design from Georgia Southern Univeristy (GSU).

I have been so happy with the program here. The teachers are all experienced and knowledgeable in their fields, and I feel like I learned LOTS. Even when I went to product expos and designer conferences, I would talk to students in interior design programs as SCAD, UGA, etc. and felt like I knew tons more then them ( and they were almost done with their program at the time). I would recommend anybody wanting to be a professional interior designer to take the program at Georgia Southern University. It's a HARD program and you have to really want it, but when you finish and realize how much you've learned, it's very rewarding.

I'm glad I came here to GSU, and I will send everyone wanting to do interior design (INDS) here. Also, when I have my own business, I will personally ask for graduate students from GSU because I know that they were taught well, and I have high expectations for them.

I'll miss my fellow studio ladies, and I wish them well in their design fields. I have another two years left because I am also working towards my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, but I will join them eventually.

My dream job is to one day open my own Wedding Planning/ Interior Design business with one of my best friends and fellow Interior Design graduates, Cory Morgan. We both love the organized chaos that both fields will bring, and we have so much to offer as well. By doing both, we hope to always have some business and to combine our knowledge and personal experiences together to make a solid, long-lasting business.

No comments:

Post a Comment